Sunday, June 10, 2018

All Roads Lead to Krispy Kreme

Brrrrrrrrinnnnggggg!
[Answering Phone]

Me:  Hello?
Donkey:  Just swung by Samsung and got refund promised yesterday.
Me:  Let me guess.  You find yourself at Krispy Kreme.
Donkey:  Oh, you're good.
Me:  We've been married nigh on 40 years, Donkey.  I know how you think.
Donkey:  So I was wondering, being birthday week and all, if you would care to join me in a pre-celebration doughnut.  Or two.
Me:  How is it that no matter where you go, you seem to find your way to a bakery/doughnut shop?
Donkey:  They doth beckon me.
Me:  Convenient, "Adam."
Donkey:  So, "Eve," you gonna join me?
Me:  On the road to perdition?
Donkey:  No, on the road to Krispy Kreme.
Me:  Yeh, okay.
Donkey:  That's my girl.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Wee Nap...

[Me, having disappeared for a wee afternoon nap] Donkey:  Jude? Me:  Burrowing under the covers. Donkey:  Jude? Me:  Burrowing farther u...