Sunday, August 19, 2018

Rewriting Amadeus

Donkey:  Are you deliberately trying to alter the tempo on that piece?
Me:  Whaddaya mean?
Donkey:  Well you know how the original goes "da da da da"
Me:  What are you saying?
Donkey:  Well, you are playing it "Daaa da da da"
Me:  I'm playing it the way it is written.
Donkey:  [looking at the music. Looking back at me.]
Me:  What.  WHAT!?
Donkey:  The way Mozart wrote it?  Or the way YOU wrote it?
Me:  {sensored}
Donkey:  Never mind ... what was I thinking?
Me:  {sensored}
Donkey:  I guess Mozart got it wrong...
Me:  {heavily sensored}
Donkey:  Backing away slowly now.  As you were.  [humming daaa da da da ...]. I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Wee Nap...

[Me, having disappeared for a wee afternoon nap] Donkey:  Jude? Me:  Burrowing under the covers. Donkey:  Jude? Me:  Burrowing farther u...