Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Knit Night

Me:  I don't really feel like going to Knit Night tonight.
Donkey:  What??? Why not? You can leave early if you're tired.
Me:  Well, another group is holding an event there that has nothing to do with Knit Night and it's going to be a zoo. There might be parking issues.
Donkey:  What kind of event?
Me:  A pie auction thing.
Donkey:  Pie? PIE? What kind of pie?
Me:  You know, peach pie, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, pineapple pie, pistachio pie, pizza pie, mince tarts...
Donkey:   🤔 Hmmm. It would be impolite not to bring a pie home.
Me:  But I don't feel like going.
Donkey:  Yes, but IF you were to go, you know, you might want to bring a pie home. You know, to be polite and all.
Me:  Somehow, I don't think courtesy is a motivating factor.
Donkey:  What are you saying?
Me:  I think we both know.
Donkey:  Wounded. Wounded I am.
Me:  Greedy. Greedy you are.
Donkey:  Here's your knitting. Let me get your coat.  Have a great time.  Bring home pie.😚

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Wee Nap...

[Me, having disappeared for a wee afternoon nap] Donkey:  Jude? Me:  Burrowing under the covers. Donkey:  Jude? Me:  Burrowing farther u...