Sunday, August 19, 2018

Last Night in Hospital

After Donkey's heart attack and miraculous recovery, his last night in hospital, we are communicating  by text after visiting hours were over...

 PING!
Donkey:  Do the cats miss me?
Me:  I miss you, Donkey.
Donkey:  Well, yes, I ... erm ... know that my sweet.
Me:  And yet...
Donkey:  So.  Do the cats miss me?
Me:  Yes, YOUR cat misses you.  MY cat is in the process of moving into your chair.  And your side of the bed.
Donkey:  [sends really frightening selfie] Show my cat this.
Me:  What.  You want I should scare your cat to death?
Also Me:  [sends equally appalling selfie]
Donkey:  Lordy, Jude.  Are you trying to finish me off?
Me:  Tit for tat, Donkey.
Donkey:  Struth.  I'm still great sport for you, aren't I?
Me:  You know it, Babe.
Donkey:  The nurse just came in to flush my spigots.  And other stuff.
Me:  What colour are her eyes?
Donkey:  Wasn't looking at them ... erm ... BROWN.
Me:  I'll wait.
[Lapsed time - 5 minutes.  Or so. Not enough for shenanigans]
Donkey:  Spigots flushed.  Sugar good.  BP good.  Pulse in feet good.
Me:  You didn't show her your selfie did you?
Donkey:  No.  I showed her yours.
Me:  Right.  Yours is going up on Facebook.
Donkey:  That's just cruel.
Me:  Love and war.
Donkey:  Okay.  I'll delete yours from my phone if you'll delete mine from yours.
Me:  Deal.
Also me:  Done.
Donkey:  Done.  We'll never speak of this again, right?
Me:  Never.
Donkey:  We make a good team, don't we?
Me:  You know it, Babe. ❤️
P.S. - Bring the gowns home - we can play doctor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Wee Nap...

[Me, having disappeared for a wee afternoon nap] Donkey:  Jude? Me:  Burrowing under the covers. Donkey:  Jude? Me:  Burrowing farther u...