Sunday, August 19, 2018

Fridge of Dorian Grey

Donkey:  What's for lunch?
Me:  There's stuff in the fridge that's about to expire.
Donkey:  Like what?
Me:  Eggs.
Donkey:  So, eggs for lunch?
Me: We can't.  We're vegan, remember?
Donkey:  What else we got?
Me:  Yogurt...
Donkey:  Still good?
Me:  For about another hour.
Donkey:  You gonna eat it?
Me:  Vegan...
Donkey:  So ... you want I should eat it?
Me:  If you love me, you'd throw yourself on your sword and suck it up.
Donkey:  I already threw myself on my sword when I drank the milk that was about to expire.
Me:  That's love.
Donkey:  So what's in the fridge that's NOT about to expire?
Me:  The taboule...
Donkey:  What are we going to do with the taboule?
Me:  I thought I'd have a toasted taboule sandwich.
Donkey:  That's it?
Me:  With chickpea salad?
Donkey:  Is it still good?
Me:  For about 6 hours...
Donkey: 👀
Me:  👀
Donkey:  I'll race you to the taboule.
Me:  Last one there is a rotten egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Wee Nap...

[Me, having disappeared for a wee afternoon nap] Donkey:  Jude? Me:  Burrowing under the covers. Donkey:  Jude? Me:  Burrowing farther u...