Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Donkey's Fascination With my Knitting

Donkey:  Whatcha staring at?
Me:  I'm not staring. I'm reading.
Donkey: You're reading your knitting?
Me:  Yes. I'm reading it.
Donkey:  Because?  Is it a romance or a mystery?
Me:  Depends how you read it.  There has been an unfortunate plot twist.
Donkey:  I bet the butler did it.
Me:  All the evidence points to me. I think I killed it.
Donkey:  Can you fix it?
Me:  Not looking hopeful. It's lace.
Donkey:  So what are you going to do?
Me:  I'm taking one last look at months of work before I send it to the knorgue.
Donkey: "Knorgue?" Is that a word?
Me: It is now. Knitting morgue - "knorgue".
Donkey:  🤔Well you should probably not rip it out yet. Can't you ask Linda for help?
Me:  I could ... but I'll just look at it a bit longer. I've invested months getting to this mess.
Donkey:  Here I am cheering you on.
[Lapsed time: Roughly an hour]
Donkey:  Whatcha staring at?
Me:  My knitting.
Donkey:  STILL? 😳
Me:  No. AGAIN.😐
Donkey:  Is it still a big mess?
Me:  Nope. Fixed it.
Donkey:  So why stare at it.
Me:  I'm reading it.
Donkey:  Plot twist?
Me:  No. Happy ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Just a Wee Nap...

[Me, having disappeared for a wee afternoon nap] Donkey:  Jude? Me:  Burrowing under the covers. Donkey:  Jude? Me:  Burrowing farther u...